Moon Audio has been receiving a lot of questions lately about the latest models of the Astell & Kern Portable Media Players.
More specifically, people are asking "What are the differences between the new AK100 II, AK120 II and AK240 digital media players?"
Here are the 3 Main Summary Points of the Astell & Kern AK100 II, AK120II and the AK240
1. The AK100 II has:
- Single Cirrus Logic CS4398 DAC (converts DSD playback to PCM),
- lower output from single ended & balanced output (1.7vrms single ended, 2.0vrms balanced)
- 64gb internal memory
- the body is not scratch resistant
- a 3150mah Li-Polymer battery
2. The AK120 II – has a Dual Cirrus Logic CS4398 DAC (converts DSD playback to PCM), same power output as the AK240 (2.1vrms single ended, 2.3vrms balanced), 128gb internal memory, body is not scratch resistant, and a 3250mah Li-Polymer battery.
3. The AK240 – has a Dual Cirrus Logic CS4398 DAC with XMOS Sound Processor for Native DSD playback up to DSD128, 256gb internal memory, duralumin scratch resistant body with real carbon fiber backplate, and a 3250mah Li-Polymer battery.