NEW Astell & Kern KANN Digital Music & Media Player
This Powerful Headphone Amplifier featuring 32bit 384kHz Bit to Bit Playback, Native DSD, Nand 64GB Memory, 2 Type SD Card Slots and USB Type-C Fast Charging.
The new product design of the AK KANN incorporates a high-performance amplifier into a player for a perfect merger of two independent devices. When connected via high-gain balanced output, the KANN supports the output of 7 Vrms. The KANN drives high-impedance headphones without an additional amplifier and reliably reproduces high-quality sound with low-impedance speakers.
The Astell & Kern KANN is equipped with a line-out circuit designed to set the ouput values in 4 levels - depending on the user's listening preference. The selectable output function allows the user to fine-tune the sound to suit their home system, car audio, or any other listening environment.
KANN supports 2.5mm 4-pole balanced outputs (2 Vrms). Balanced output removes noise from "signal + inverting amplifier signal" and has the strength to increase output with its double transmitting signals.
KANN's Audio Block
Deliver the perfect original sound
KANN offers the optimal condition to deliver perfect original sound
KANN is capable of bit-to-bit playback up to 32bit 384kHz and native DSD playback up to 11.2MHz, delivering detailed, distortion-free sound just as the artist intended.
Scalability using USB Audio
To increase flexibility of use, you can connect additional USB Audio to KANN via the micro USB port. KANN allows output conversion according to the specifications of the external USB Audio that supports DoP (DSD over PCM) or PCM, and provides continuous music playback with charging via the Type-C USB port while connected to the external USB Audio.
- USB audio (Digital Out) output is available when digital input is possible through USB.
- DoP (DSD over PCM): This is a standard for transferring DSD data to USB interface. This standard sends DSD data by mounting them onto PCM data frames.
- To link KANN with an external USB Audio, an OTG Cable (purchased separately) is required.
- The separately purchased cable connecting the OTG cable to an external USB Audio must be appropriate for the specification of the USB Audio.
The finest sound quality from audio files stored on a PC
Supporting the bit-to-bit playback up to 32-bit 384kHz when connected to the PC for use as a USB DAC, the KANN produces richer sounds with superior spatial effects and resolution that go far beyond the limits of any PC sound card.
- The KANN supports up to 32-bit 384kHz with specs of USB Audio Class 2.0.
- 64/128/256MHz DSD formats can be played back with the USB DAC driver installed
Connecting to a Wireless Network
KANN supports wireless networking DLNA (Ver. 1.0), which makes it easy to work with PC/NAS on the same AP network and through the AK Connect app supporting smartphone/tablet computer interfaces.
DMP (Digital Media Player)
Finds a list of content on a media server for selection and playback.
DMC (Digital Media Controller)
Finds a list of content on a media server and establishes a connection to a playback-capable device (renderer). By default, a DMC establishes a connection between a media server and media renderer and controls content playback-related operations.
DMS (Digital Media Server = Network Server)
Actually stores the media content to be shared. When connected to a network, the DMS transmits/distributes the media content for other devices to stream or download.
DMR (Digital Media Renderer = Network Player)
Connects to a media server via media controller for content playback.
Dual memory card slots
KANN has an internal memory of 64GB, but this can be easily and flexibly boosted via the unit's dual memory card slots. KANN supports both standard SD cards and micro SD cards, so users can select their preferred memory type. The memory is expandable up to 512 GB to easily handle larger audio files.
- Memory cards other than validated products such as Sandisk or Samsung may not be compatible with this product.
Enjoy up to 6.5 hours of your favorite music with a single 1 hour charge through the fast charger.
There is no fear of a dead battery when on a long journey as the 6,200mA large capacity battery offers 15 hours of continuous playback.
- The maximum 15-hour continuous play is based on 16-bit/44 kHz, FLAC file format, screen off, 50% of volume, and Normal playback.
- Fast charger (9V/1.67A) and general Charger (5V/2A) are not included in the package.