Your all inclusive guide to owning, optimizing and buying your In Ear Monitors (IEMs).
Learn how to:
- 1. Connect your IEMs to an upgrade Silver Dragon or Black Dragon headphone cable.
- 2. Properly coil and store your IEMs and audio cable.
- 3. How to optimize the sound of your custom IEMs.
- 4. Find the Right Connection for your IEMs with the Moon Audio IEM Connection Guide.
1. Connect your IEMs to an Upgrade Silver Dragon or Black Dragon Headphone Cable
One rule to remember for connecting our Dragon Cables to your IEMs is that Red is Right (R to R)
- With red dot facing up toward the sky, slide the connector straight into the right IEM until flush.
- Repeat step 1 with the left IEM and blue dot.
2. Properly Coil and Store your IEMs and Audio Cable
Keep your in ear monitors at peak performance and sound quality by:
- Place amp connector in the palm of your hand facing you.
- Wrap the cable around your hand away from your body and coil the cord flat without twisting it.
- Place the cable with your pouch or carrying case with your custom IEMs. This will keep the cable performing at its peak performance and protect the silver (or copper) conductors inside.
3. How to optimize the Sound of you Custom IEMs
Finding the right sound is easy with the Moon Audio Dragon Cables.
- The Silver Dragon gives the music more clarity and detail by tightening up the top end and offering a greater stage depth.
- The Black Dragon is more bass heavy but still provides that larger stage depth and rich musicality.
Connect in 3 steps:
- Pick the correct headphone connection for your custom in ear monitor.
- Determine the sound you prefer from your (silver dragon or black dragon - descriptions below).
- Pick the correct connection type for your portable headphone amplifier or idevice™
Our ORIGINAL IEM Dragon Cables were custom made to fit: JH Audio custom in ear monitors.
They also fit:
Noble Audio, Ultimate Ears, LiveWires,Unique Melody, Westone, 1964 Ears, Alien Ears, Aurisonics, EarSonics, Future Sonics, and Gorilla Ears as they use the same 2 pin connection method.
(See below for our other specialized iem headphone cables to fit your:
UE Triple Fi IEMs, FitEar IEMs, Shure IEMs, and the Sennheiser IE80)
Silver Dragon V1 IEM Headphone Cable
Starting at $185
The Silver Dragon V1 iem headphone cable will open up your Custom In Ear Monitor's and let them breathe easier.
It also provides a more musical presentation, sound stage depth plus you will hear more clarity, instrumentation and musicality.
Specialty Silver Dragon IEM Cables
Black Dragon V1 IEM Headphone Cable
Starting at $150
The Black Dragon V1 IEM has a warmer signature over the Silver Dragon V1 IEM and provides more flexibility.
It provides a musical presentation and sound stage depth. You will hear more clarity, instrumentation and musicality with great bottom end.
Specialty Black Dragon IEM Cables
4. Find the Right Connection for your IEMs with the Moon Audio IEM Connection Guide.
Finding the right connection to your IEM can be a pain. Below is a quick guide to help you when choosing your connections. Click for a Larger View.
Looking to buy some IEMs?
JH Audio In-Ear Monitors
JH Audio is the pioneer of IEMs. They have been designing and bulding IEMs for over 15 years using some of the most innovative techniques.
JH has created In-Ear Monitors for some of the biggest acts in the music industry as well as engineers and audiophiles alike.
Noble Audio In-Ear Monitors
Noble Audio is know for providing superior IEMs, hence the name Noble.
Creating some of the finest universal and custom IEMs, Noble has shown their pull in the IEM community.