Focal Arche Headphone Amplifier
Expected July 2019
Manufactured in France, Arche is a unique electronic solution which combines a digital-analog converter as well as two pure class A amplification modes designed especially for headphones. Ideal to sit between the digital sources and your audiophile headphones, Arche is the perfect solution to fully enjoy your headphones while benefiting from the performance delivered by the converter to drive high-fidelity loudspeakers!
- Digital-analog converter compatible with high-resolution formats (384kHz - DSD 264).
- 2 integrated amplifiers (voltage and hybrid): choose the amplifier type best suited to your headphones.
- Presets for every set of Focal headphones: get the best from Focal’s combination of electronics and acoustics.
- Dual mono audiophile construction from input of the digital signal to output of the self-powered signal.
- Can also be used as a digital-analog converter for high-fidelity home systems
Amplify Your Emotion
AN ALL-IN-ONE SOLUTION FOR HEADPHONES
Arche is an all-in-one solution, offering presets for every set of Focal High-Fidelity headphones (Utopia, Stellia, Clear, Elegia and Elear) to make sure you get the absolute best from this ultimate combination. Owners of Focal headphones can be sure they are enjoying a combination of electronics and acoustics that is carefully thought out and specially developed from the very outset. Arche will be updated by using a USB stick.
POWER AND PRECISION
The two premium AK4490 balanced digital-analog converters can process formats in PCM format up to 384kHz, as well as DSD 256. The analog signal is then routed towards 2 pure class A amplification modes designed especially for headphones (voltage, hybrid) for an uncompromising solution. The original audio signal is totally respected, so as to reproduce the tiniest details of the recording.
CHOOSE YOUR AMPLIFICATION
Upon entry of the digital signal, Arche offers a resolute audiophile design through its uncompromising dual mono construction, from signal processing to amplification. And thanks to the presets integrated, every user of Focal headphones gets amplification to suit their product and their favorite tonal balance.
USE AND DESIGN
Arche comes with a solid aluminum headphones mount inspired by the brand’s logo: accessing and storing the headphones is therefore quick and easy, as well as looking incredible and saving on space!
- DAC and headphones amplifier
- Max. power
- 2 x 1W @ 1kHz under 32 Ω
- Frequency response
- 10Hz to 100kHz
- Total Harmonic Distortion (THD)
- < 0,001%
- Signal-to-noise ratio
- > 116dB @ 32 Ω (Class A)
- Power supply
- 85 to 265 Vac / 47 – 63Hz
- (H x L x D) 321 x 200 x 297mm
- 10.25 lbs (4.65kg)
- Audio inputs
- Balanced analog RCA
Digital S/PDIF coaxial (RCA): Max. sampling frequency 192kHz (AES3-compatible)
Max. resolution 24-bit
Optical digital (TosLink) Max. sampling frequency 192kHz (AES3-compatible)
Max. resolution 24-bit
Digital USB (USB-B): standard USB: USB 2.0 / USB 3.0 – USB audio class
- Audio outputs
- Balanced analog 3-point XLR
Unbalanced analog RCA
- Firmware update
- via USB port (USB-A)
- Headphone Amplifier
- Aluminum Headphone Mount