Bryston BHA-1 Balanced Headphone Amplifier
Designed for both audiophiles and audio professionals the BHA-1 fully resolves musical detail and clarity. Effortless transient power at any level or load the resolution from your headphones is dramatic.
Advancing the tradition of unmatched audio performance and functionality, the Bryston BHA-1 is a reference amplifier solution for the finest listening experiences with your headphones.
Optional: MPS-2 power supply also available (replaces internal supply)
dual left/right 3-pin outputs
- Balanced Dual mono circuitry
- High Quality Noble Stereo Volume control – laser trimmed
- Left/Right Balance Control
- 6 Fully discrete Class A Bryston operational amplifiers
- 14dB or 20dB of selectable gain available
- All input and output connectors are Gold plated
- 10k input impedance
- Multiple headphone drive capability
- Harmonic distortion
- Less than .003 at 32 ohms at 100mW 20Hz to 20KHz.
- IM Distortion
- Less than 001%
- Greater than 105 dB
- Frequency Response
- 20 to 20 KHz plus or minus .1dB
- Hi-Z Load
- 20 Volts into 600 ohms (667mW) at 001% THD + N at 20-20K
- Low-Z Load
- 4 volts into 32 ohms (500 mW) at 001% THD + N at 20-20K
Single Ended Input @ 1V
Distortion Measured 20Hz to 20 kHz
- LOAD 600 OHMS
- GAIN HI - 10.9V OUT @ 001% POWER 200 mW
- GAIN LO - 5.45 V OUT @ 001% POWER 50 mW
- GAIN LO - 2.50 V OUT @ 001% POWER 10 mW
- GAIN LO - 788m V OUT @ 001%* POWER 1 mW
- LOAD 300 OHMS
- GAIN HI - 10.8 V OUT @ 001% POWER 390 mW
- GAIN LO - 5.40 V OUT @ 001% POWER 50 mW
- GAIN LO - 1.79 V OUT @ 001% POWER 10 mW
- GAIN LO - 583 mV OUT @ 001%* POWER 1 mW
- LOAD 80 OHMS
- GAIN HI - 10.4 V OUT @ 002% POWER 1.35 W
- GAIN LO - 5.20 V OUT @ 001% POWER 383 mW
- GAIN LO - 887 mV OUT @ 001% POWER 10 mW
- GAIN LO - 345 mV OUT @ 003%* POWER 1 mW
- LOAD 32 OHMS
- GAIN HI - 9.65 V OUT @ 0.150% POWER 2.9 W - onset of clipping
- GAIN LO - 4.84 V OUT @ 002% POWER 732 mW
- GAIN LO - 578 mV OUT @ 001%* POWER 10 mW
- GAIN LO - 185 m V OUT @ 005%* POWER 1 mW
- GAIN LO - 4.00 V OUT @ 001% POWER 500 mW - rated output
*= 80 KHZ FILTER, mW = milliwatt, W = watt, mV = millivolt, V = volt
Moon Audio is a great dealer, very informed, excellent service, and gives great advice.
Powerful enough to easily drive my Audeze LCD-X and (tested with) the LCD-3 Fazor. Nice smooth punch to the sound.
While a SS amp, the sound is not cold/bright but is more on the warm side. The build quality is out of this world.
It's my first Bryston component, now I see how they can offer such an outstanding warranty.
My unit was shipped the day after the RMAF show and within one day had outperformed all of my headphone amps. The Bryston BHA-1 is also a great preamp with the new balanced outputs and puts many $4K - $6K preamps to shame.
The sound is authoritative, dynamic, neutral and low in noise and distortion. Imaging is dependent on phones and speakers but is great if your transducer can keep up. The construction quality is typical Bryston and when combined with their warranty it is a HUGE value.
My compliments to James Tanner and the Bryston team on a winner.
My thanks to Drew at Moon Audio for the expert advice and great service.
I am using it Balanced with my Audeze LCD 2's with a Balanced Silver Dragon 3 cable Drew did up for me--
Fantastic sound with no time on it yet right out of the box--
My LCD 2's have never sounded so good and I have 3 other Headphone Amps-2 Solid State and 1 Tube amp-
Thanks Drew-What a pleasure to deal with you!!!