Chord Poly Wireless Streaming Module for Mojo
In Stock & Ready to Ship!
Free 2nd Day Shipping
The Chord Poly Wireless Streaming Module for Mojo DAC headphone amplifier.
The innovative team at Chord Electronics is changing our portable listening experiences with the new Chord Poly. When connected to the Chord Mojo digital to analog converter (DAC) the Poly is a “fully fledged” high resolution wireless network music player, streamer, SD card playback device with high-resolution wireless playback controlled by your smartphone. Learn more about Chord’s new Poly below and discover special rewards for sharing your Chord Mojo, Poly and audio gear pictures and reviews.
Chord Electronic’s new Poly wireless streaming miracle made to connect with the best portable digital to analog converter (DAC) - the Chord Mojo - continues Chord’s inspiring and unmatched commitment to mobile high fidelity (hi-fi). Unlike many audio gear makers Chord sees our smartphone mobile music future.
Before Chord’s Poly feeding high resolution music files to high end headphones and in-ear monitors (IEMs) was a pain. Don’t want massive storage space hungry music files clogging up precious smartphone memory? No worries Chord Poly to the rescue.
The Chord Poly fits Lego-like to the Chord Mojo DAC and headphone amplifier. “Fully fledged high-resolution wireless network music player, streamer and SD card playback device with wireless playback and control from smartphones,” is how Chord Electronics explains their new, unique and still highly portable Poly.
Chord’s Poly video takes us on a Tron-like journey inside the Mojo’s new cousin.
Chord Poly Screenless Smartphone Enabled Wonder?
Think of the new Chord Poly as the Mojo’s chinese twin. When paired together the Chord Mojo and Poly create a high resolution (Hi-Res) audio player without a screen. The Mojo + Poly pairs with your iPhone, iPad or Android for display and control.
If there is a more beautiful example of building a digital music device to connect, enliven, and extend mobile music we’re unaware. Chord’s new Poly illustrates several audio gear trends we will see more of including:
- Lego-Like - Build components to connect and extend existing gear
- Use OPP (Other People’s Platforms) - Create components with smartphones in mind
- Portability - Chord’s Mojo and Poly fit into pockets and are easily mobile
- Networks and Hubs - Poly stores, streams and plays beautiful music without wires or smartphone storage or performance limitations
- Mobile High Fidelity - Chord Poly Micro SD Card and massive Wifi bandwidth means sound quality won’t suffer when you’re listening on the road
- Streaming Hi-Res - We’re moving from the wonder of portable music to the desire for better sounding mobile music and Mojo + Poly delivers a timely treat at or away from home
Chord Poly Wireless Musical PC In Your Pocket
The Chord Poly combines a “condensed high-level PC, data server, DLNA receiver, Wi-Fi hu, Bluetooth module and SD card reader/player functionality with highly sophisticated software” says Chord Electronics. We believe in and trust Chord Electronics.
The Kent, England based audio gear innovators have earned our trust, support, and respect with innovations such as the Hugo (and now the Hugo 2), the Chord Mojo and now the Mojo + Poly. Chord Electronics commitment to portable high-fidelity listening is unmatched and inspirational.
Moon-Audio.com makes Dragon audio cables helping some of the best headphones and in-ear monitors sound better. And we only make such a claim with a growing tribe of fans, customers and experts who confirm we are achieving our “better sound” mission. Since Chord’s Mojo and Poly enable wireless audio playback from smartphones removing the wired link between the smartphone and Mojo you may think an audio cable maker is upset.
Far from it! Many of our customers lose that tiny cable - the one that connects their iPhone, iPad or Android to the mojo so one less cable to lose is a good thing. When listening via Focal Utopia, Hifiman HE100 V2 headphones or Shure KSE1500s audio cables still provide the best listening experience. We know many of our customers will use love the wireless link between Mojo and smartphone thanks to the Poly while using Dragon cables in the “last mile” from their Mojo DAC and headphone amps to their ears.
Show Us Your Chord Mojo and Poly!
Like most audiophiles and music lovers we love seeing and hearing about how our customers deploy the high-end audio gear we sell. Please use the form below to send selfies of you, your Chord Mojo and Poly and other audio gear. We’ll create a gallery and pick our favorite images of the month awarding points in our new Headphones Game - points redeemable for gear such as the Chord Mojo and Poly.
Chord Mojo and Poly Reviews
We’d love to have your Chord Mojo and Poly reviews too. Every review submitted in the next few weeks earns a special bonus in our new Headphones Game. To submit a review click on the “Reviews” Tab on our product pages. Here are the product pages for the Chord Mojo and Poly:Chord Poly product page
Chord Mojo product page
Poly can access music by streaming over Wi-Fi, network storage devices, and collections stored on SD cards making it the perfect Wi-Fi and Bluetooth hub.
Bluetooth connectivity and AirPlay functionality makes it easy to control everything from your Android or iOS device. Poly is compatible with the latest high-resolution audio file types and supports PCM files up to 768kHz resolution and DSD64 to DSD512.
The rechargeable LiPo battery gives around 9 hours playback. Both Mojo and Poly can be charged simultaneously.
9 Hour Battery Life
Bluetooth A2DP Connectivity
WiFi 2.4gHz Connectivity
Micro SD Card Storage (MPD)
Supports up to 768kHz
DSD512 (8x) Capable
DSD via DoP
Poly is based on a condensed high-level PC featuring:
- 9 Hour Battery Life
- Bluetooth A2DP Connectivity
- WiFi 2.4gHz Connectivity
- Airplay Connectivity
- Micro SD Card Storage (MPD)
- Roon Ready
- DNLA Compatible
- Supports up to 768kHz
- DSD512 (8x) Capable
- DSD via DoP
1. Please read the manual carefully.
2. Please re-read the manual.
3. Poly needs to be fully charged before you use it.
4. Poly charges best when connected to a charger which outputs 2 Amps or more. Many common chargers, ie. standard 5V USB mobile phone chargers and USB outputs on typical PCs only output 1 Amp. But iPad 10 and 12watt and some Android Tablet chargers are 2 Amps. Poly will charge fine with 1 Amp devices but it will take twice as long to charge. If charging Poly the first time on a 1 Amp device please allow Poly to charge for 10 hours.
5. Poly is only compatible with 2.4ghz networks. (Mesh networks should detect this)
6. You need to know the name and password for your network.
7. When in setup you will be asked for the SSID this is the name of your WiFi network.
8. You must type into all three fields in the setup menu. “Name” “SSID” “Password” If you do not it will not connect to a network. It may look like the name field is already filled in but it’s not.
9. You cannot connect to Bluetooth while Poly is in Access Point Mode. This means you need to connect Poly to a WiFi network before configuring it for Bluetooth.
10. Micro SD cards should be formatted in ExFAT (FAT32 may work but not recommended)
11. The GoFigure setup app is not available yet. It is waiting for Apple approval and this should happen by the end of November.
- For iOS UPnP/DLNA control and playback we recommend using 8Player (the paid version)
- For Android UPnP/DLNA control and playback we recommend using BubbleUPnP (paid version)
- For Computer control and playback use Roon. Note: Poly is not a Roon Core.
- MPD playback and control for iOS and Android. Soundirok.
- Another option for Android only is M.A.L.P
13. To use the Micro SD card feature you must use either 8Player or BubbleUPnP
14. Hotspot feature is not available yet.
15. Mobile Hotspot feature on your Mobile device may require contacting wireless provider for activation.
16. In addition to solid network infrastructure, Customers need a fair bit of networking experience to use this product, it requires patience and is not plug and play.
Poly is high-resolution audio-compatible, with support for the latest studio-quality files; PCM data up to 768kHz resolution and DSD64 to DSD256 (Quad-DSD). Supported file types include ACC, WAV, FLAC, AIFF, OGG VORBIS, ALAC, WMA and MP3.
Poly offers over-the-air updates, keeping the unit up-to-date with the latest firmware. Future updates will include Native Spotify and Tidal integration and a forthcoming Poly app, GoFigure, will assist with initial network set-up and device configuration settings.
Like Mojo, Poly proudly uses British design and technology and is also made in Britain. It’s precision CNC-machined from solid aluminum billet with black anodization and laser-ablated logos. A high-quality Mojo/Poly protective leather case is available separately.
- Precision-machined aluminum casing with black anodization, opaque black wireless signal window, and silicone feet
- Optional protective leather case available
- Battery: Rechargeable LiPo (Lithium Polymer) 2200mAh; play time: 9+ hours
- Four-hour charging with 2-amp Micro USB input.
- Both Mojo and Poly can be simultaneously charged via Poly’s fast-charging Micro USB circuit
- Connectivity types: Bluetooth 4.1 and Wi-Fi 2.4GHz (for optimum stability)
- Storage: Micro SD unlimited maximum capacity, playback using MPD/DLNA apps plus SD playback over Bluetooth if Wi-Fi is absent
- Playback support: DNLA, AirPlay, Bluetooth 4.1 and ROON ready
- Files supported: all major file types including ACC, WAV, FLAC, AIFF, OGG VORBIS, ALAC, WMA and MP3
- PCM sample rates: 44.1kHz, 48kHz, 88.2kHz, 96kHz, 176.4kHz, 192kHz, 358.8kHz, 384kHz,717.6kHz and 768kHz
- DSD via DoP sample rates: DSD64 – DSD256 (Quad-DSD); DSD from SD card
- Devices supported iPhone, iPad, Android phones/tablets, Windows and Mac OS X computers and DAPs (Astell & Kern etc)
- Dimensions: 50mm (L) x 62mm (W) x 22mm (H)
- Over-the-air software updates
- Hotspot mode: Poly can create its own hotspot where networks/devices/countries don’t support tethering
- Integrated Access Point: allows configuration of connected networks (up to 32)
- Bit-perfect audio
- DLNA server and renderer (SD card); SMB Server (SD card); MPD player (SD Card)