Sennheiser HD800S headphones
In Stock & Ready to Ship!
The Sennheiser HD 800S is an improved version of the well-renowned & highly respected HD 800 reference headphone for audiophiles. A modern classic, Sennheiser's reference class HD 800 headphones deliver sound that is as natural as possible and true in every detail.
Improving on a seemingly perfect formula is not a task undertaken lightly, but Sennheiser’s engineers have succeeded in enhancing still further the sound reproduction in the open, circumaural HD 800 S.
- Optimized reference class in wired headphones
- Open, circum-aural dynamic stereo headphones
- Enhanced sound reproduction achieved through absorber technology
- Natural hearing experience - realistic and natural sound field with minimal resonance
- Biggest transducers ever used in headphones including new innovative dynamic transducer design
- Uncovered earcups for enhanced acoustics
- Handcrafted ear pads, made of high-quality microfiber fabric
- Metal headband with an inner damping element
- Specially tuned balanced, impedance matching cable with low capacitance
- Cable with 6.35 mm (1/4") TRS single-ended plug
- Cable with balanced 4.4 mm TRRRS balanced plug
- 2 year warranty
I am using them with the balanced Mytek XLR adapter and overall very happy with my purchase, sound is very resolving and neutral, but not harsh.
Very nice with my DSD and FLAC source files, noticing a lot of details I was missing before. Also, they are beautifully constructed, light and comfortable to wear for hours on end.
Is the HD800S, the HD800 with the hot peaky treble fixed? Yes.
Sennheiser had the testing equipment and the engineers to take the �Anaxilus mod� and optimize it until they could really address the treble problems so well described by reviewers on Head-Fi and other sites.
I am very sensitive to harsh sounding headphones and other gear, so I was on pins and needles waiting for the HD800S to arrive, wondering if I had blown two grand on a pair of headphones I would not enjoy listening to.
After 50 hours or so of burn in, they smoothed out very nicely. I love listening to well recorded lossless and hi-res classical and jazz music, especially violin pieces.
I absolutely love listening to these phones. Nuff said!
It was announced about small changes. But they are not so small.
Bass became more. It is now quite enough. More details, because treble became thinner and much nicer.
And the space are still in the old concept. And all this with the stock cable.
- do you still/also recommend the Black Dragon V2 Premium even for the HD800S or
- is now the time for a (new) "Silver Dragon V3 Premium for HD800S" (which doesn't exist so far ... I think) ???
Best I can say is the difference I heard between the Sennheiser cables and the black dragon. Listening to Beethoven's violin concerto in second movement there is a point that the bass viol is being plucked, with the Sennheiser cable I hear the bass note, with the black dragon cable I actually hear the plucking sound.
I am not sure if this helps but I feel this change in cables was definitely for the better.