Focal Clear Headphones
The Focal Clear headphones are an Innovative high-end headphone built from the research used to develop the best selling Focal Elear and Utopia. Focal Clear is poised to be the reference open-back headphones under $2,000.
"Clear by name, clear by nature. This headphone delivers a wonderfully open and translucent sound thanks to clever design and excellent build quality... Factor in the sumptuous leather-covered earpads and headband, and this new design delivers hours of musical fun in consummate comfort."
Focal Reference Headphones for much less
French audio manufacturer, Focal, creates another top performing headphone with the release of the Focal Clear open-back headphones. Following the Elear and Utopia, which were both top-selling options since their release, the Clear fits well in the line with its premium features and styling.
Clear is a new circum-aural open-back headphone for audiophiles. The 'M' -shape Aluminum/Magnesium dome is equipped with a revolutionary copper voice coil that provides remarkable dynamics across the audio spectrum, bass that is always controlled, even at high volumes, and exemplary linearity in the high-end. The new generation of perforated microfiber ear cushions adds to Clear's open design, giving the headphones a weightless, almost invisible feeling. Clear completely envelopes the user in musical purity. Given the premium materials and weighing in at 0.99lbs, you’d expect a hefty feel, but they seem light during listening sessions while still being solid and sturdy overall.
Focal Clear features leather and perforated microfiber adjustable headband with ear cup rotation and a one size fits all Aluminum Yoke with 20mm memory foam ear cushions. Clear has low impedance (55 Ohms) to ensure uncompromising use with portable high-resolution audio players. Clear also features 3.5mm locking jack sockets and comes with 3 cables. Discover a listening experience similar to that provided by high-fidelity loudspeakers and excellent performance when connected to portable high-resolution audio players.
- Solid aluminum yoke which moulds perfectly to your head.
- Ear Cushion is padded with 20MM memory foam and covered with a microfibre fabric perforated to remain cool and comfortable.
- 3 cables included: 4 PIN Balanced, XLR 6.35MM Stereo, Jack, and 3.5MM jack
- Headband is coated with leather and perforated microfiber.
- Low impedance (55 OHMS) to ensure uncompromising use with portable high-resolution audio players.
- 3.5MM Jack sockets with built-in locking mechanism
Focal Clear vs Elear
The Focal Clear will remind you of the Elear in styling, but features a lighter grey and some stand-out features. The earcups will feel familiar with microfiber coverings over memory foam cushions. They contain the same 40mm (1.6-inch) M-type aluminum/magnesium driver, but made with a brighter aluminum housing.
The Clear also includes improved striped cables with multiple connection options and a convenient carrying case.
The Clear offers superior hardware which is evidenced by the larger frequency response range, better THD, and lower impedance.
Overall the Clear headphones don’t just sound great, they sound distinctive. The entire spectrum is refined and clear with a level of detail that isn’t present in the Elear. The engineers at Focal have done an excellent job at tuning the Clear for both lows and highs.
Focal Clear vs Utopia
The Utopia is still the best headphone offered by Focal. While the Clear is an excellent product, it doesn’t compete against the Utopia’s amazing sound and build quality.
- Handcrafted in France
- Open back circum-aural
- Full range “loudspeaker-like” sound
- Easily adjustable to any head size or shape
- Copper Voice Coil (25.5m x 5.5mm)
- 75 Micron Thick suspension
- 3.5mm jack socket to 6.35mm jack plug adapter
- Breakup level of 24kHz
- High-Performance acoustics
- Comfortable and ergonomic
- High-quality materials
- 3 cables to suit all users
- Hard-shell carrying case
- 2 Year Warranty from Focal
- Circum-aural open back headphones
- 55 Ohms
- 104dB SPL / 1mW @ 1kHz
- 0.25% @ 1kHz / 100dB SPL
- Frequency response
- 5Hz - 28kHz
- 1.6" (40mm) Aluminum/Magnesium 'M'-shape dome
- 0.99lb (450g)
- Cables provided
- 3m balanced cable (XLR 4-pin)
3m unbalanced cable (1/4" TRS jack)
1.2m unbalanced cable (1/8" TRS jack)
1/8" jack to 1/4" stereo jack adapter
- Hard-shell Carrying case
- 9.8" x 9.4" x 4.7" (250x240x120mm)