A Significant Set of Improvements
UPDATE 4/16/2019: If you have been attempting to perform the Poly V2.0.0 Update but have been unable, Chord Electronic's servers are now back up and running. Thank you for your patience. Some important notes:
- If you are being shown a yellow/orange P-status light, this indicates that Poly is installing the update. When this is complete the P-status will switch off. At this point, unplug the charger and switch off the Mojo/Poly so that both devices are off, then turn back on to complete the process.
- For customers who are experiencing a flashing red, green and blue P-status, please power both Poly and Mojo down completely and switch back on to restart the download and installation process.
Chord Electronics released their new firmware update V2.0.0 on 04/08/19 for their Poly Wireless Streaming Module for Mojo - a device that enables the award-winning Mojo headphone DAC-amp to be used as a fully-fledged high-resolution wireless network music player, streamer and SD card playback device, all with smartphone control. Poly acts as a Wi-Fi and Bluetooth hub, taking away the need for a wired link between smartphones and the Mojo, giving the listener access to content decoded and streamed using Chord's proprietary technology.
The new Poly firmware update brings about some long-awaited features and updates to the system:
- Improved Wireless Connection - a new Wi-Fi driver speeds up performance over 2.4GHz networks and provides further flexibility and compatibility with the also improved Bluetooth.
- Roon Support - The Chord Poly Wireless Streaming Module is now Roon Ready certified. Full support is now available from Roon and the company is providing support assistance to anyone using their software.
- Dedicated DLNA - Now includes Tidal, Qubuz and Internet Radio support. A DSD rendering update along with gapless playback support (where supported by the Client App) are also included.
- New App Features - iOS and Android apps add Internet Radio support with the ability to add favorite stations, Tidal and Qobuz credentials, and improved Wi-Fi and Hotspot switching functions. Also prompts for future firmware and app updates (and your choice of when to install them) will be available.
The new firmware will roll-out with an over-the-air update starting 4/08/19 using "single-jump firmware update methodology." Basically this enables Poly to get the latest version even if you have skipped previous iterations. Chord Electronics have made available online a Support Section for the new firmware update on their Streamers Page.
Make sure to check out all our Help Files on the Chord Poly Wireless Streaming Module HERE.
Check out our previous Videos on the Chord Poly Wireless Streaming Module for Mojo below:
Chord Poly Discussion with Moon Audio and Chord at LAAS 2017
How To Stream Cellular Data to your Chord Poly
CHORD POLY - PRODUCT DETAILS
Poly is high-resolution audio-compatible, with support for the latest studio-quality files; PCM data up to 768kHz resolution and DSD64 to DSD256 (Quad-DSD). Supported file types include ACC, WAV, FLAC, AIFF, OGG VORBIS, ALAC, WMA and MP3.
Poly offers over-the-air updates, keeping the unit up-to-date with the latest firmware. Future updates will include Native Spotify and Tidal integration and the Poly app, GoFigure, will assist with initial network set-up and device configuration settings.
Like Mojo, Poly proudly uses British design and technology and is also made in Britain. It’s precision CNC-machined from solid aluminum billet with black anodization and laser-ablated logos. A high-quality Mojo/Poly protective leather case is available separately. Precision-machined aluminum casing with black anodization, opaque black wireless signal window, and silicone feet
See our Chord Poly Wireless Streaming Module product page HERE for more info and details.