Wattgate 350i Audio Grade IEC
The construction of the 350i is durable, featuring an elegant polycarbonate rear housing available in either black or clear with a durable hi-temperature rated front housing. Additionally, there is a dust seal to protect the wiring chamber.
The 350i has been designed to be adaptable to a wide range of power cables. It has a powerful mechanical cord clamp with a removable insert to accommodate cable diameters from 0.300" (7.62mm) to 0.655" (16.63mm). Installation has been further simplified due to clearly marked, tightly-spaced, funnel shaped holes to guide the conductors into the unique Perma-Lock terminals. The Perma-Lock terminals work in the following way: As the terminal screw tightens down on the contact tang, it compresses the wire underneath the tang, causing the screw to exert an upwards lift of the collar overleaf. This lifting action "locks up" the threads on the screw. Stress-relieving of the terminals is virtually eliminated. Heat cycling and vibration cannot loosen the screw. The real departure the 350 takes from the traditional IEC lies with the contact elements themselves. Our contacts are large and designed to possess a high spring rate to securely grip the connector on the component.
In addition, we add our three-layer plating process:
1. Oxygen Free Copper plating- improves conductivity
2. Electroless Nickel plating- necessary to prevent the leeching of the copper through the gold layer
3. 24k Gold plating- improves conductivity and prevents corrosion.
|Cable Type||Connectors and Jacks|
- Audio Grade
- Large, high spring-rate contacts
- Perma-Lock Terminals
- Glass filled high temperature nylon front housing
- Polycarbonate rear housing
- Stainless hardware
- Wattgate Three Layer Plating Process*