Sony PHA-3 USB DAC Headphone Amplifier
Sony PHA-3 USB DAC Headphone Amplifier.
Enjoy the subtlest nuances of studio-quality sound in higher than CD quality with hi-res audio, the way the artist truly intended.
Passion for music unites every component from signal to speaker so it feels like the artist is performing right in front of you.
Enhance the quality of your music
Enjoy more authentic sound from your hi-res audio and MP3 music collection. The Sony PHA-3 USB digital-to-analog converter (DAC) and headphone amplifier takes over from your PC or mobile device’s built-in amp to hear sound that’s closer to the original recording. Original digital audio – including high-resolution audio – is processed by the PHA-3, creating a dramatically superior soundstage for enhanced listening.
Pulse Code Modulation
Listen in the best possible sound quality through a variety of devices including PC, iPhone/iPad, and Xperia™ smartphone. Starting at 16bit with up to 384 kHz / 32-bit PCM encoding.
Direct Stream Digital
Hear the authentic, intimate detail of analog sound from your digital audio with Double DSD (5.6 MHz) and DSD (2.8 MHz) high-quality digital audio coding.
Ultra high frequencies
Feel sound beyond natural hearing with exceptionally high frequencies from 10Hz up to 100 kHz.
Two micro USB inputs and charge port
Get connected. Hook up your PC, selected smartphones, or Apple iOS device with two Micro USB inputs, and charge while you listen with a dedicated micro USB port.
Stereo and balanced audio output
Listen through the stereo jack, or connect with a balanced audio cable — left and right outputs ensure authentic, even sound.
Connect to HDD and SACD players with an optical connector, supporting up to 192 Hz / 24 bit PCM input.
Superior conversion, purer sound
Most portable devices include a simplified DAC converter, resulting in slightly compromised sound quality. This dedicated USB DAC amplifier takes over processing from your device, then amplifies sound for headphone listening using a custom-tuned, precision analog amplifier.
Made for High-Resolution Audio
With this separate USB DAC amp linking your headphones and a compatible PC, smartphone or Walkman®, you’ll enjoy higher quality High-Resolution Audio sound.2 The amp supports the very latest 384 kHz / 32-bit PCM and 5.6 MHz Double DSD formats.
Go beyond CD quality
Upscale MP3, ACC, ATRAC, and WMA music files DSEE HX upscales compressed digital music by restoring the subtleties lost in compression. The result is rich sound, closer to the quality of High-Resolution Audio.
Superior sound with a supplied balanced cable Enjoy clear, precise, dynamic sound with a balanced cable. Two audio channels, each with an independent ground wire, use an inverted phase signal to reduce unwanted noise that is picked up as the signal passes through the wire from source to amplifier. The result — superior sound, delivered with clarity.
Compatible iPhone/iPad/iPod models
You can use the headphone amplifier with only the following models. Update your iPhone, iPad or iPod to the latest software before use. (as of July 2014)
iPhone 8 & 8Plus
iPhone 7 & 7Plus
iPhone 6 & 6Plus
iPad Air, Air 2
iPad mini with Retina display
iPad (4th generation)
iPad (3rd generation)
iPod touch (6th generation)
iPod touch (5th generation)
iPod touch (4th generation)
iPod touch (3rd generation)
iPod touch (2nd generation)
iPod classic 120GB / 160GB (2009)
iPod nano (7th generation)
iPod nano (6th generation)
iPod nano (5th generation)
iPod nano (4th generation)
iPod nano (3rd generation)
- If noise is generated, turn off the connected iPhone/iPad/iPod, then turn it on again.
- The headphone amplifier only supports the audio playback function of an iPhone/iPad/iPod.
- You cannot transfer music to your iPhone/iPad/iPod from the headphone amplifier.
- Do not connect an iPhone/iPad/iPod that is not supported. The headphone amplifier is not guaranteed to work with an unsupported iPhone/iPad/iPod.
- Sony is not liable for damage/erasure of recorded data caused by using an iPhone/iPad/iPod with the headphone amplifier.
- Do not disconnect the iPhone/iPad/iPod while operating. Before disconnecting the iPhone/iPad/iPod from the headphone amplifier, stop playback and turn the headphone amplifier off to prevent damage to data.
- If the sound is distorted, set the equalizer to “Off” or “Flat” on your iPhone/iPad/iPod.
- Turn on your iPhone/iPad/iPod before connecting it to the headphone amplifier.
- Depending on an iPhone/iPad/iPod, the sound may become loud suddenly when you adjust the volume.
- If the battery level of an iPhone/iPad/iPod is too low, charge it before use.
- Music volume may vary depending on the ring tone of the iPhone and its application. Refer to the operation manual of your iPhone.
- If the iPhone is set to silent mode, the ring tone may not be heard from the headphones.
- For details on operating an iPhone/iPad/iPod, refer to its operation manual.
- An iPhone/iPad/iPod will not be charged when it is connected to the headphone amplifier.
- If you are listening to music too loudly, the battery may drain even if the DC IN 5V port of headphone amplifier is connected to a computer or an AC outlet.
High-Resolution Audio compatible
DSEE HX upscales music to near High Resolution sound quality
Drive headphones with more power than portable devices
Compatible with USB Audio, PCM 384 kHz/32-bit, DSD
|Dimensions (W X H X D):||Approx 3.15 in × 1.14 in × 5.53 in|
|Weight:||Approx 10.58 oz|
Roon Nucleus Music Server$1,398.00