Sony DMP-Z1 Digital Music Player
Reproduce even the subtlest nuances of studio-quality sound with the DMP-Z1. Crafted for High-Resolution Audio, better than CD quality, with fidelity that's just as the artist intended.
- 5.44" W x 2.69" H x 10.98" D (138.0 mm x 68.1 mm x 278.7 mm)
- 87.84 oz (2,490 g)
- Battery Life*
- 8-10 hours continuous playback
- CHARGING TIME (QUICK CHARGE)
- BUILT-IN BATTERY
- Built-in Rechargeable lithium-ion Battery
- CHARGING AND POWER SUPPLY
- AC adapter (supplied)
- DC IN CHARGING
- Approx. 4 hrs
- 256 GB, Micro SD card x 2 slots, Micro SD, Micro SDHC, Micro SDXC
- MUSIC SEARCHING METHODS
- All Songs Artist Release Year Playlists Album Genre Composer Hi-Res Recent Transfers SensMe Channels Folder
- MUSIC PLAY MODE
- Shuffle Playback, Repeat Off, Repeat 1 Song, Repart All, All Range, Selected Range
- DRAG AND DROP
- DISPLAY RESOLUTION
- 3.1" (7.8 cm), WVGA (800 x 480 Pixels)
- DISPLAY TYPE
- TFT color display
- SOUND EFFECTS
- Direct source (Direct), 10 band equalizer, tone control, DSEE HX, Dynamic Normalizer, Vinyl Processor
- 20–40,000 Hz
- MAXIMUM POWER OUTPUT (JEITA 16Ω/MW)
- Stereo mini-jack: 570 mW + 570 mW (High Gain)
Balanced standard-jack: 1,500 mW + 1,500 mW (High Gain)
- OPERATING SYSTEM
- Sony original OS
- DIGITAL NOISE CANCELING
- USB DAC MODE
- Headphone Terminals
- Stereo mini-jack, Balanced standard-jack, USB Type-C port, High-Speed USB (USB 2.0 compliant)
- Wireless Capabilities
- Communication system: Bluetooth® Specification Version 4.2
Supported Bluetooth profiles: A2DP, AVRCP
Supported Codecs (Transmission): SBC, LDAC, aptX, aptX HD
Supported Codecs (Reception): SBC, LDAC, AAC
- Supported Formats**
- MP3, WMA, FLAC, WAV, AAC, HE-AAC, Apple Lossless, AIFF, DSD, APE, MQA
- USB Type-C™cable (USB-A to USB-C)
- AC adapter ACDP-045L01
- AC power cord*
- Carrying case
- Cleaning cloth
- Startup Guide
- Instruction Manual
- *BATTERY LIFE — CONTINUOUS PLAYBACK MUSIC
- MP3 (128 kbps)/Stereo mini-jack: Approx. 10 hrs, MP3 (128 kbps)/Balanced standard-jack: Approx. 10 hrs, AAC (256 kbps)/Stereo mini-jack: Approx. 10 hrs, AAC (256 kbps)/Balanced standard-jack: Approx. 10 hrs, FLAC (96 kHz/24 bit)/Stereo mini-jack: Approx. 9 hrs, FLAC (96 kHz/24 bit)/Balanced standard-jack: Approx. 9 hrs, FLAC (192 kHz/24 bit)/Stereo mini-jack: Approx. 8 hrs, FLAC (192 kHz/24 bit)/Balanced standard-jack: Approx. 8 hrs, DSD (2.8224 MHz/1 bit)/Stereo mini-jack: Approx. 9 hrs, DSD (2.8224 MHz/1 bit)/Balanced standard-jack: Approx. 9 hrs, DSD (5.6448 MHz/1 bit)/Stereo mini-jack: Approx. 9 hrs, DSD (5.6448 MHz/1 bit)/Balanced standard-jack: Approx. 9 hrs, DSD (11.2896 MHz/1 bit)/Stereo mini-jack: Approx. 9 hrs, DSD (11.2896 MHz/1 bit)/Balanced standard-jack: Approx. 9 hrs
- BATTERY LIFE — CONTINUOUS PLAYBACK MUSIC NOTES
- The values shown in this topic represent the approximate battery life when content is played continuously using the default settings.
Even if the player is turned off for an extended period, a small amount of battery power is still consumed.
Battery life may vary depending on the volume setting, conditions of use and ambient temperature.
The battery is consumed considerably when the screen is on.
The battery life may be shortened by about 10% when some of the sound quality settings are active.
A Bluetooth connection will shorten the battery life by up to 45% depending on the following conditions.
Format of the content.
Settings of the connected device.
- **AUDIO PLAYBACK
- MP3 ( .MP3): 32–320 kbps (Supports variable bitrate (VBR))/32 kHz, 44.1 kHz, 48 kHz
WMA (.WMA): 32–192 kbps (Supports variable bitrate (VBR))/44.1 kHz
FLAC (.flac): 16 bit, 24 bit/8–384 kHz
WAV (.WAV): 16 bit, 24 bit, 32 bit (Float/Integer)/8–384 kHz
AAC (.mp4, .m4a, .3gp): 16–320 kbps/8–48 kHz
HE-AAC (.mp4, .m4a, .3gp): 32–144 kbps/8–48 kHz
Apple Lossless ( .mp4, .m4a): 16 bit, 24 bit/8–384 kHz
AIFF (.aif, .aiff, .afc, .aifc): 16 bit, 24 bit, 32 bit/ 8–384 kHz
DSD (.dsf, .dff): 1 bit/2.8224 MHz, 5.6448 MHz, 11.2896 MHz
APE (.ape): 8 bit, 16 bit, 4 bit/8–192 kHz (Fast, Normal, High)
MQA (.mqa.flac): Supported
- AUDIO PLAYBACK NOTES
- Copyright protected files cannot be played back.
Sampling frequency may not correspond to all encoders.
Non-standard bit rates or non-guaranteed bit rates are included depending on the sampling frequency.
Files that are 4 GB (APE is 2 GB) or larger cannot be played back.
This product recognizes audio sources exceeding CD quality (44.1 kHz/16 bit quantization) and DAT quality (48 kHz/16 bit quantization) as High-resolution Audio. The "HR" symbol is displayed for high-resolution audio sources.