Silver Dragon IEM + Shure SE846 Earphones bundle
The SE846 Sound Isolating™ Earphones are the top of the line in the award-winning Shure Earphone line. They combine precision engineering and innovative technology in a sophisticated design for the most discerning audio enthusiasts.
For optimum sound quality, we recommend adding our Silver Dragon IEM Shure headphone cable V1. This pair is a match made in heaven for music lovers of Rock & Blues and/or Electronic, Dance or R&B listeners. The Silver dragon adds just the right breatheability and air to the SE836 earphones and improves the clarity, instrumentation and tightens up the bass or bottom end. The result is simply breathtaking...
"Did you know there is a string section in All I Want Is You by U2? Neither did I, until I listened with the Shure SE846 and Silver Dragon IEM. The clarity & details of those string sections in my music is what I love about Silver Dragon cables," Marty Smith, 10/2/14.
Ships to North America ONLY
Quad High-Definition MicroDrivers
The SE846 delivers extended high-end clarity and unparalleled low-end performance. Evolved from personal monitor technology road-tested by pro musicians and fine-tuned by Shure engineers, the SE846 features a patent-pending design that includes a groundbreaking low-pass filter. This technology enables the deep low-end performance of a true subwoofer without sacrificing clarity or detail of mids or highs. Comfortable Sound Isolating sleeves block up to 37 dB of ambient noise, whether onstage or on-the-go. Customizable frequency response, detachable cables, and a wide variety of accessories ensure an unequalled, perfectly tailored listening experience for the most discerning audio enthusiast.
Microdrivers with a True Subwoofer
- For extended high-end clarity and unparalleled low-end performance
- Four custom-engineered, balanced armature drivers tailored to blend precisely with each other
- Three-way system configuration for dedicated low-, mid-, and high-frequency distribution
Patent-Pending Design for Unparalelled low end
- Groundbreaking low-pass filter enables low-end roll-off at ~3 dB at 90 Hz (~10 dB at 250 Hz), the previously unattainable deep low-end performance of a true subwoofer, without sacrificing clarity or detail
- Ten precision-welded, stainless steel plates form 4 inches of high acoustic mass pathway, naturally enabling low-frequency roll-off to begin at about 75 Hz without distortion or artifacts
- Adjustable sound signatures via changeable nozzle inserts and removable metal nozzle (balanced, warm, and bright options included)
- Lightweight, low-profile shape with optimized nozzle angle designed to rest comfortably in the ear
- Over-the-ear configuration keeps cables out of the way
- Comfortable sound isolating sleeves block up to 37 dB of ambient noise, whether onstage or on-the-go
- Removable cable and nozzle components ensure a long product life by providing easy and efficient cleaning and part replacement
- Rugged, ergonomic housing with sweat-resistant construction withstands the extremes of onstage or everyday wear
- Crystal-clear housing allows a view of the precision-engineered, laser-etched components of the interior
Silver Dragon IEM headphone cable V1 features:
The silver dragon iem will open up your In Ear Monitors and let them breathe easier. It provides a more musical presentation and sound stage depth. You will hear more clarity, instrumentation and musicality.
It is a coaxial design using a 99.99998% UP-OCC Stranded Silver 26AWG center conductor for the positive leg. The center conductor uses the same Kevlar reinforcing as the other Dragon cables. It is wrapped concentrically by a 99.99998% UP-OCC silver plated single crystallized UP-OCC pure copper stranded 26AWG gauge conductor with 7N purity 99.99998%.
The left and right signal cables run parallel to each other resulting in a very low inductance. Both signal jackets are polyethylene and the cable is extremely flexible yet very resilient and resistant to flex failure. A variety of connection options are available for your downstream connection such as the mini plug, RCA, XLR and many others.
We custom build these in house to your connection specifications. The cable can be used in either a single ended or balanced design. The wire is soldered to a connector using high quality Cardas silver solder.
Connection Arrangement - How to install the Silver Dragon V1 IEM on your custom iem's
Red is Right Channel
Blue is Left Channel
Dots always should be pointing in upward direction.
"Moon Audio is often the first company I call for custom headphone cables, especially when I need something of the more unusual, more custom variety.
Drew recommends the Silver Dragon V1 IEM Shure Headphone Cable as the best upgrade for the Shure SE846 headphone.
For best quality sound, Drew also recommends:
So far, Moon Audio's Drew Baird, has not turned down any custom cabling challenge I've put in front of him--he'll even tackle the replacement of non-detachable cables, performing whatever surgery necessary to make the new connections.
I ordered a custom Silver Dragon cable for the Shure SE846," Jude Mansilla, Head-Fi.org.
- Speaker Type: Quad High-Definition MicroDrivers with True Subwoofer
- Sensitivity: 114 dB SPL/mW
- Impedance (1kHz): 9Ω
- Noise Attenuation: Up to 37dB
- Frequency Range: 15Hz - 20kHz
- Input Connector: Gold-plated 3.5mm (1/8")
- Cable: 64" Detachable with wireform fit (45" cable also included)
- Color: Crystal Clear