Sennheiser HD 800 Headphones
More than 60 years of ingenious headphone engineering has been applied to the Sennheiser HD 800. Incorporating Sennheiser's most advanced driver technology, these open, around-the-ear, dynamic stereo headphones redefine what reference-grade audio is all about.
The HD 800 is hand-assembled in Germany with only the finest of materials. The transducer is encased in a precision material made of stainless steel, while the headband and headphone mounting utilizes the most advanced development from the aerospace industry.
2013 Absolute Sound Editors' Choice Winner
2013 Stereophile Recommended Component
The HD 800 lives up to its promise with every detail: a completely new type of ring driver, delivering the best ever simulation of spatial hearing by way of a curved sonic wave front. Superlatives in so many parts combine to create an overwhelmingly rich and detailed sound experience. Designed, constructed and assembled in Germany, the HD 800 are probably the world’s first headphones ever to truly make you forget you are wearing any.
Drew recommends the Black Dragon V2
best upgrade for the HD 800 headphone.
DP-1 DAC are great amplifiers for the best
- Reference class wired stereo headphones
- Open, around-the-ear, dynamic stereo headphones
- Natural hearing experience - realistic and natural sound field with minimal resonance
- Biggest transducers ever used in headphones up to today - new innovative dynamic transducer design
- Open earcups facilitate transparent sound while showcasing cutting edge industrial design
- Metal headband with inner-damping element
- Specially tuned symmetrical, impedance matching cable with low capacitance
- Precision headphone connectors with detachable cable
- Built-tough with a 2 YEAR warranty
|Cable length||9.8 ft. (3 m)|
|Contact pressure||3.4 N (± 0.3 N) approx.|
|Frequency response (headphones)||6 – 51,000 Hz (- 10 dB), 14 - 44,100 Hz (- 3 dB)|
|Jack plug||¼” (6.3 mm) stereo jack|
|Nominal impedance||300 Ω|
|Sound pressure level (SPL)||102 dB (1kHz/1Vrms)|
|Total harmonic distortion (THD)||≤0.02% (1kHz/1Vrms)|
|Transducer principle||Dynamic, open|
|Weight w/o cable||9.2 oz. (260 g)