KingRex UC384 USB Digital to Digital Converter
The new KingRex UC384 is by far the best value in the USB to S/PDIF Digital to Digital Converter (Audio Interface) category
It has the ability to decode via USB not only bit rates up to 24bit and sample rates up to 192kHz
Also, soon via a driver update, 32bit/352.8kHz will be available on the KingRex UC384. All that for $295! Amazing!
If your Dac or Hometheater Reciever is lacking a USB input or your Dac's USB input does not offer higher resolution input, the UC384 is the perfect solution.
Can also be used in unison with an Apple Camera Connection kit to connect to your Apple iPad.
Moon Audio is the US Distributor for KingRex Products and Dealer inquiries are welcome.
With the new UD384, KingRex has not only redefined high definition audio with never before affordability but further broadened its performance level. The micro aluminum extrusion chassis encompasses two devices: a USB DDC to stream digital signals to legacy DAC through coaxial S/PDIF output up to 24bit/192kHz and a USB DAC to process true HD music files into ultra high resolution stereo analog signals up to 32bit/ 384kHz. The UD384 accepts 16bit/44.1kHz to 32bit/384kHz data and operates in asynchronous mode. Its low-jitter 1ppm TCXO supersedes the PC or Mac host as the master clock, resulting in bit-perfect transfer and huge sonic improvement. The KingRex U-Power smart-charge battery power supply is further recommended for completely off-the-grid and noise-free operation.
KingRex UC384 USB to S/PDIF Digital to Digital Converter (Audio Interface) is a high-quality computer transport interface for those wishing to stream high-resolution playbacks to an existing DAC. The UC384 can transfer from Windows, Linux, and Mac at 16bit/44.1KHz to 32bit/384KHz through IIS output; 16bit/44.1Khz to 24bit/192Khz by SP/DIF output. The master clock generator is a classy 1ppm TXCO unit . Direct Sound, ASIO4ALL, and WASAPI are all supported and run smoothly. The UC384 is housed in an oval cross-section aluminum case with black hairbrush polish. The measurement is 88*82*24mm. UC384 can direct connect with Mac and Linux w/o driver needed with a data transfer rate of 480Mbits flawless audio is achieved with native drivers. Only Windows OS enclosed reserved lower jitter driver which could also direct support USB 3.0(data transfer rate of 480Mbits by USB2.0 standard). An external 7.5V power supply is provided.
We recommend using Foobar or JRiver Media Center software with the UD384. The UD384 will come with both drives for Windows and Mac on a USB key. Kingrex also provides a few smaples of music in different resolutions to compare.
Suggested media player plug-ins:
- Windows XP - foobar 2000 + ASIO4ALL
- Windows Vista/ Win 7- foobar 2000+WASAPI
- MAC - iTunes + Pure Music or Amarra
Please note that the UD384 cannot accept 352.8kHz playback. We suggest you try 24/192 first. Kingrex is working with to get native 32bit/384kHz playback. Software updates are provide for future resolution upgrades. We will post upgrades on this page as they become available.
Also available for the UC384 are 2 upgrade power supply options. The Upower and the PSU MKii. These add another level of transperancy and resoulution.
- UC384 (32bits/384Khz USB DAC)
- Input: USB A type Male*1
- USB 2.0 Audio Format (Support USB3.0/ 2.0/1.1/1.0 )
- Output : RJ45 (IIS) *1RCA (SPDIF) *1 Tiny XLR (AES/EBU)*1
- Sampling rate support :44.1Khz, 48Khz, 88.2Khz, 96Khz, 176.4Khz, 192Khz, & 384Khz(*)
- Supported bit rate: 16 / 24 /32bit
- Digital output :SPDIF *1
- Sampling rate support :44.1Khz, 48Khz, 88.2Khz, 96Khz, 176.4Khz, 192Khz
- Supported bit rate: 16 / 24 bit
- Adaptive Clock Generator for Audio Streaming Synchronization
- Asynchronous mode changeable through DFU Tool
- input terminal : USB 2.0 USB A type plug
- support : USB3.0/ 2.0/1.1/1.0
- *asynchronous operation
IIS audio interface
- Sample Rates Supported:44.1Khz, 48Khz, 88.2Khz, 96Khz, 176.4Khz, 192Khz,352.8Khz, 384Khz
- 16,20,24 bit & 32bit 2 Channel
- Support Slave & Master Mode
- Coaxial : RCA AES/EBU: Tiny XLR
- 1 Stereo SPDIF output through Integrated IEC958 Line Driver
- 16, 20, 24, 32bit 2 Channel
- Sample rates support : 44.1Khz, 48Khz, 88.2Khz, 96Khz, 192K
- S/PDIF output voltage: 2.5Vpp
- AES/EBU output voltage: 2.5 Vpp
- Power demand : 7.5V DC
- Power consumption : 200mA @7.5V
With two type output connector:
Recommended media player
- Mac OS : iTune (please plus - pure music for sampling rate Auto-change)
- Windows : Foobar 2000
- Windows XP : please add ASIO4ALL
- Windows Vista & Win7 : please plus WASAPI
- PC requirement : Dual Core
- PC OS requirment: Windows XP, Vista, Win7
- Mac requirement: Dual Core i3, i5,i7
- Mac OS requirement: 10.5/10.6/10.7
- size: 110*82*24mm