The HEADQUARTER (HQ-1) headphone amp set is furnished with two chassis designs: red anodized, hair-brushed aluminum front panel for trendsetting style, and sandy-blast paint steel with black anodized.
Moon Audio is the US distributor for KingRex Products and Dealer inquiries are welcome.
Nothing can be more challenging than moving up the audio ladder in today’s economic climate. You invest in the best headphone your heart desires and your budget allows. You need to maximize the return. It’s time to unleash the full potential of your headphone.
Welcome to the Headquarters: the KingRex HQ-1, a inaugural headphone amp will help you realize your ambition in many ways.
As the Headquarters that commands authority, the HQ-1 has adopted a two-chassis design with separate power supply for sonic integrity. And it’s not the switch-mode power supply but audiophile grade linear power. Its rock solid 45W toroidal transformer (18V/2.5A) is complemented with 25,100uF total capacity of reserve power and optimized regulatory circuit based on LMS 1585 constant voltage regulator.As the Headquarters to set high standard of perfor mance, only top-notch audiophile grade components are accepted: Toshiba A970/C2240 for first stage amplification; Hitachi MOSFET 2SK214 for output stage. Panasonic FM capacitors as main filter for transparent background and balanced soundstage. WIMA input capacitors for enhanced acoustic density. Vishay output capacitors for more neutral and delicate details. Gold-plated Neutrik 6.35mm headphone jack, gold-plated RCA terminals, Neutrik XLR socket (DC power transmission), Furukawa PCOCC internal wiring and ALPS potentiometer for sonic purity.
The result? Naturally expansive, warm sound and vivid dynamics. As the Headquarters to channel lines of communication, the HQ-1 in addition to headphone output is equipped with RCA line output and can be used as a high-quality preamp, selectable through a push button on the front panel.
As the Headquarters to coordinate and mobilize, the HQ-1 has an input/output impedance characteristic that’s highly adaptable and will match nearly all headphones or earphones available in the market. Be it audiophile grade, closed or open air type, in-ear monitors or portable audio earbuds, the HQ-1 proves to be the perfect performance partner, yielding output power from 100mW at 300 ohm to 570mW at 30 ohm. Thanks to the sophisticated Class A MOSFET circuitry, THD + N drop to a bottom-low 0.005% while frequency response opens up wide at 20Hz to 80kHz. As the Headquarters to bestow flagship image, the HQ-1 is furnished with two chassis designs: piano glass paint steel complemented with red anodized, hair-brushed aluminum front panel for trendsetting style, and sand-blast paint steel with black anodized, hair-brushed aluminum front panel for the timeless classic look.
Setting the high standard of performance : only top-notch audiophile grade components are qualified to work here:
Toshiba A970/C2240 for first stage amplification; Hitachi MOSFET 2SK214 for output stage. Panasonic FM capacitors as main filter for transparent background and balanced soundstage. WIMA input capacitors for enhanced acoustic density.
Vishay output capacitors for more neutral and delicate details.
Gold-plated Neutrik 6.35mm headphone jack, gold-plated RCA terminals, Neutrik XLR socket (DC power transmission), Furukawa PCOCC internal wiring and ALPS potentiometer for sonic purity.
The result? Naturally expansive, embody instructment,warm sound, rich of musicality and vivid dynamics.
1. KingRex new – HEADQUARTERS (HQ-1) is in Class A MOSFET design is general-purpose desktop headphone amplifier.
2. HQ-1 has one input and two outputs which is selectable by front panel push button- one is line-output and another is phone-output.
3. Gold-plated NEUTRIK 6.35mm headphone jack and gold-plated RCA terminals for provide great contact.
4. The interior circuitry consists by first stage transistor –Toshiba A970/C2240 for first stage amplification and output stage by Hitachi MOSFET 2SK214.
5. Featuring Hi Fi grade Panasonic FM capacitor as main filter brings the transparent background and balanced soundstage ; input capacitor choose WIMA increase acoustic density; output capacitor choose Vishay for more neutral and delicate details. All material choose for neutral, balance, details, rich musicality, and vivid tuning.
6. Original ALPS potentiometer for provide the best signal for sonic purity.
7. Input/ output signal path setting use FURUKAWA PCOCC which brings more expansive and warm sound.
8. Discreet external linear power design- highly current supplied toroidal transformer, LMS1585 constant voltage regulator, total 8pcs Hi-Fi grade Nippon Chemi-Con Electrolytic capacitor in total capacity 25100uF(5 x 2,200 uF at AC input stage; 3 x 4,700uF at DC output stage) through NEUTRIK XLR socket all design stream out fully power to fit active dynamic demands.
9. Two style chassis design : Chassis design by piano glass paint steel 180 x 138 x 45mm with aluminum red anodized panel in hair polishing or Sandy blast paint steel 180 x 138 x 45mm with aluminum black anodized panel in hair polishing.
HQ-1 headphone amplifier specifications
Input/Output Impedance: 15k ohm/1.8 ohm
Frequency Response: 20Hz (-0.7dB) ~ 80kHz (+Output power (@1% THD+N)
100mW at 300 ohm/170mw at 150 ohm/
360mW at 60 ohm/570m W at 30 ohm
THD + N: 0.005% at 2Vrms Output
Dynamic Range: 110dB
Channel Separation: >92dB at 1kHz / >76dB at Signal to Noise Ratio: 115dB
Power consumption: <10W
Dimension: 183 x 145 x 55 mm
Finish design: Black panel / Red panel
HQ-1 PSU specifications
Type: outboard low noise linear power supply
Transformer : 45W toroidal type
Voltage regulatory circuit: Total 8pcs Hi-Fi
grade Nippon Chemicon Electrolytic capacitor
in total capacity 25,100uF.
5 x 2,200uF at AC input stage.
3 x 4,700uF at DC output stage.