- +/-8V high voltage swing. This significantly improves dynamics and headroom, resulting in a more accurate sound that is true to the recording.
- AMP8 is a completely new circuit design that is dedicated to the DX150/DX200 and features both a high voltage and current output. High current output is very useful for low impedance multi-drivers in ear monitors.
- Low VCE transistors are utilized and are manually sorted and paired, providing better consistency and linearity. The low VCE also expands the linearity range.
- The transistors used on the buffer stage have a 2700mAh output current rating, which allows the AMP8 to drive IEMs and headphones that require high current with ease.
- A Pentaconn 4.4.mm balanced output port is used. The large double contact area of this socket contact lowers resistance and allows better current transmission.
AMP8 Discrete Balanced Amplifier Card
*When using opamps to develop an amplifier, it is almost impossible to achieve high voltage output and high current output, especially, on a portable device. Some engineers have used the TPA6120 on the buffer stage to achieve 750mA output current. However, it has 10ohm output impedance, which isn't ideal for low impedance IEMs or headphones. So, we decided to use discrete components which are usually on desktop amplifiers to develop the AMP8 but the development process is much more difficult when using discrete components. After a long development period and with our final design, we present the AMP8 card that has both high voltage and high current output and at the same time maintains low output impedance with extremely good measurements. AMP8 compliments the premium performance of the DX150 and the DX200, giving you even more choices when playing the music you enjoy.