Latest Update Available Now
Last week Focal released a new update for the Focal Arche Amplifier, featuring a number of optimizations to the unit. The update process is manual rather than automatic, but we'll walk you step-by-step through the process. You can find the instructions below.
- Digital-analog converter compatible with high-resolution formats (384kHz - DSD 264).
- 2 integrated amplifiers (voltage and hybrid): choose the amplifier type best suited to your headphones.
- Presets for every set of Focal headphones: get the best from Focal’s combination of electronics and acoustics.
- Dual mono audiophile construction from input of the digital signal to output of the self-powered signal.
- Can also be used as a digital-analog converter for high-fidelity home systems
AN ALL-IN-ONE SOLUTION FOR HEADPHONES
Arche is an all-in-one solution, offering presets for every set of Focal High-Fidelity headphones (Utopia, Stellia, Clear, Elegia and Elear) to make sure you get the absolute best from this ultimate combination. Owners of Focal headphones can be sure they are enjoying a combination of electronics and acoustics that is carefully thought out and specially developed from the very outset. Arche will be updated by using a USB stick.
POWER AND PRECISION
The two premium AK4490 balanced digital-analog converters can process formats in PCM format up to 384kHz, as well as DSD 256. The analog signal is then routed towards 2 pure class A amplification modes designed especially for headphones (voltage, hybrid) for an uncompromising solution. The original audio signal is totally respected, so as to reproduce the tiniest details of the recording.
CHOOSE YOUR AMPLIFICATION
Upon entry of the digital signal, Arche offers a resolute audiophile design through its uncompromising dual mono construction, from signal processing to amplification. And thanks to the presets integrated, every user of Focal headphones gets amplification to suit their product and their favorite tonal balance.
USE AND DESIGN
Arche comes with a solid aluminum headphones mount inspired by the brand’s logo: accessing and storing the headphones is therefore quick and easy, as well as looking incredible and saving on space!
To Update Your Arche
STEP 1: The USB Driver
If you have not done so yet, before installing the update, make sure that Arche driver is installed on the computer that you will use for the update. You can download the Focal Arche Driver at the link below:
STEP 2: Download the Firmware
Click the link to download the firmware and start the Xmos chipset update (inside Arche):
STEP 3: Download the Update File
Here is the link to download the bin file which activates the firmware update:
STEP 4: Install the update
- Connect the USB-A / USB-B cable between the computer and Arche (with USB-B), unzip the downloaded file and charge the bin file thanks to the Browse button.
- Start the update. Once it is completed, restart the Arche amp.
PLEASE NOTE* This update only works with Windows devices. We will let you know once an iOS version is available. Also, with some Android devices, it’s possible that you may need:
- A USB OTG cable
- The Audio Player Pro (UAPP) application for streaming apps. Check out APKPure.com to download.
More about the Arche Amp
If you have any questions about updating your Focal Arche Amplifier, please leave a comment below. Happy Listening!