FAQ at Moon-Audio.com
- When will my order be shipped?
- What custom audio cables can you make?
- What headphone modifications can you perform?
- Will my headphones still keep their original manufacturer's warranty if you modify them or hardwire Moon Audio custom headphone cables to them?
- How do I know what type of modification can be done to my headphones?
- What brands of headphones do you modify and add your headphone cable to?
- How do I properly install & wear Dragon headphone cables?
1. When will my order be shipped?
Most items will be shipped out within 1 business day. If items are special orders, custom audio cables and/or headphone modifications then may be up to a minimum one week delay. Please understand that our business is a small, family owned shop that specializes in customized products. Few custom items are ready to ship and all are made by hand with extreme attention to detail with the highest quality products available at the fairest pricing we can deliver. We are extremely careful, precise and skilled at our work but it does take time. Thank you for your patience.
2. What custom audio cables can you make?
Moon Audio hand crafts custom audio cables for most applications. Moon Audio creates, designs, manufactures and customizes headphone cables, analog interconnects, digital interconnects, mini cables, power cables, speaker cables and more.
3. What headphone modifications can you perform?
Moon Audio can do headphone modifications on most headphones. Moon Audio mostly performs 3 different types of custom headphone modifications: Hardwired, Split Mod and Detachable Split Mod. The first installation type is the Hardwired Split Mod. When Moon Audio performs a Hardwired Split Mod on a headphone, our engineer removes the stock cable and hardwires or solders the upgrade cable to the drivers. If the headphones currently use a single cable entry, then we create a connection option where there was none previously. I know, its pretty cool…you might call our engineers “artists” as its all done by hand, every day here at Moon Audio.
Detachable Split Mod is similar to the Hardwired Split Mod but instead of wiring straight to the driver Moon Audio installs a connection system on each of the headphone cups. This provides the ability to switch out cables and this is what Moon Audio does best as Custom Audio Cables are our specailty and claim to fame. You will also notice on some headphones there is not an Installation Type option. This is because the stock headphones already offer a Split Detachable connection option.
4. Will my headphones still keep their original manufacturer's warranty if you modify them or hardwire Moon Audio custom headphone cables to them?
Yes, in most cases and with most manufacturer's, the original manufacturer's warranty remains fullly in tact with any repair, modification and upgrade cables Moon Audio adds, removes, or changes. Moon Audio is an authorized repair shop for many manufacturers as well. All work performed on Beyerdynamic, Fostex, Grado, Sennheiser, Ultrasone headphones performed by Moon Audio is done via Moon Audio and keeps their full warranty in tact. Please check with your manufacturer direct if you have specific questions. Thank you.
5. How do I know what type of modification can be done to my headphones?
You can find all the connections we have for headphones and amps on our connection guides.
6. What brands of headphones do you modify and add your headphone cable to?
Currently, Moon Audio has performed modifications on AKG, Audeze, Audio-Technica, Beyerdynamic, Denon, Fostex, Grado, HiFiMan, Sennheiser, Sony, Shure, Ultrasone, and V-Moda. For a specific type of headphone not mentioned here, please email Moon Audio direct at email@example.com and Moon Audio can answer all specific questions you may have and need about headphone upgrades and cables. You may also check out our blog at www.moon-audio.com/justaskdrew/ as there are many answers to these questions on the blog as well.
7. How do I properly install & wear Dragon headphone cables?
Each Dragon cable specifies the right and left channels directly on the cable.
You will see an "L" or "R" in a circle on the heatshrink with the Dragon logo that indicates Left ("L") or Right ("R").
When wearing the headphone cables with heatshrink against your chest, the Dragon head should be looking up at you as indicated in the picture below.