Amps & Dacs
Cypher Labs Amps, DACs that connect to your Apple or Android Devices.
Dragon Cables to connect with Cypher Labs Amps, Dacs.
Dragon Cables to connect Cypher Labs Amps to AK media players & more.
Cypher Labs is known for manufacturing amps that are great for mobile devices like Apple iDevices or Android devices.
This is what is unique about Cypher Labs. The sole focus of their amps & Dacs is to take mainstream popular media players like iPod, iPhone, & iPad to their maximum music experience.
Do you have an iPod, iPhone, or iPad?
The Cypher Labs Theorem 720 Headphone Amp USB DAC or the AlgoRhythm Solo -dB DAC communicate with Apple products using Apple’s proprietary iPod Accessory Protocol (iAP) over USB.
It is easy to connect your Cypher Labs devices to Apple products.
- 1. Align the connection on the bottom of the iPod with the multi-pin metal connector located on the included synch to USB cable.
- 2. Do not force the iPod connection or you may damage the multi-pin connector and damage your device.
- 3. The USB end attaches to the AlgoRhythm Solo –dB or AlgoRhythm Solo -R.
- 4. To remove the iPod, grasp the iPod and pull on the cable head.
The Cypher Labs AlgoRhythm Solo -dB and Theorem 720 DAC® have the best DAC are already built with one of the best DACs available so connecting to an external DAC could result in a degraded sound quality.
The Theorem 720 DAC® includes a headphone amp; AlgoRhythm Solo -dB requires an external headphone or home stereo amp. See full comparison below.
Do you have an Android device such as a Samsung?
The Cypher Labs Theorem 270 DAC® & AlgoRhythm Solo -dB can pair to your Android device through the USB Audio Player Pro from eXtream Software Development.
How to setup
- Theorem 720 DAC or AlgoRhythm Solo –dB
- Android device, such as Samsung S3 or S4
- OTG male micro USB to female USB A
- USB A to USB mini B cable (supplied with Solo –dB)
- USB Audio Player Pro application for Android, created by eXtream Software Development, under $10 on the Google app store
- Headphone amplifier and headphones
- Recording format selection: wav/flac/ogg/aiff (No mp3)
- 1. Place high resolution music files on a micro SD card. Placing the files in folders allows the use of playlists
- 2. Load the micro SD card into the Android device, such as the Samsung S3 or S4 phone
- 3. Purchase and install “USB Audio Player Pro” https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.extreamsd.usbaudioplayerpro
- 4. Connect a micro USB OTG cable to the Android device
- 5. Connect the Solo -dB to the OTG cable using the standard USB A to USB mini B cable
- 6. Turn on the Android device
- 7. Turn on the Solo -dB
- 8. Start the app “USB Audio Recorder Pro”; starting the app first will not work; if the app is running before turning on the Solo -dB, then kill the app using Application Manager
- 9. If the two devices are connected properly you will see the Cypher Labs USB 2.0 device listed in the Input section of the app
- 10. On the Main tab of the app, navigate to the external SD card and select a track to play and press the play button on the app
- 11. Use the playlist feature to automatically advance tracks or shuffle tracks
- 12. For more information on the app itself, eXtream Software Development http://www.audio-evolution.com/
Other Requirements and Notes:
- Android 3.1 or higher
- Android device with USB host capability
- The Theorem 720 DAC or AlgoRhythm Solo –dB will not charge the Android device
Cypher Labs Amp & DAC compare
Cypher Labs Theorem 720
Apple & Computer Digital Transport
|AlgoRhythm Solo -dB||AlgoRhythm Duet||Theorem 720|
|Size in mm||115 x 72 x 22||115 x 72 x 22||120 x 62 x 28|
|Apple Device USB Audio||Yes||No||Yes|
|Computer USB Audio||Yes||No||Yes|
|Android USB Audio||Requires App||No||Requires App|
|Battery Life in Hours||14||16||18|
|Charges Apple Device||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Single End Phone Output||No||Yes||Yes|
|Balanced Phone Output||No||No||Yes|
|Single Ended Line Input||Yes||No||No|
|Single Ended Line Out||Yes||No||Yes|
|Balanced Line Out||Yes||No||No|
"Made for iPod," "Made for iPhone," and "Made for iPad" mean that an electronic accessory has been designed to connect specifically to iPod, iPhone, or iPad, respectively, and has been certified by the developer to meet Apple performance standards. Apple is not responsible for the operation of this device or its compliance with safety and regulatory standards. Please note that the use of the accessory with iPod, iPhone, or iPad may affect wireless performance.
iPhone, iPod, iPod classic, iPod nano, iPod touch are trademarks of Apple, Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. iPad is a trademark of Apple Inc.
Regular Price: $599.00
Now only: $549.00
Regular Price: $599.00
Now only: $499.00