Chord 2Qute DAC
In stock & Ready to ship!
The Chord 2Qute DAC is a new super-DAC for 2015 with class-leading specifications, outstanding technical measurements and proven sonic performance. It advances the award-winning Qute EX DAC with the latest Hugo specifications.
2Qute Key Features:
- Coax, optical and USB digital inputs with input switch
- Galvanically isolated Class 2 USB input up to 384kHz
- Driverless operation on Apple and Android devices; drivers supplied for Windows
- Support for up to 32-bit/384kHz audio via coax and USB, and 24-bit/192kHz via optical
- DSD64 supported on all inputs, DSD128 supported via coax or USB input (all via DoP)
- Source and sample rate indication/illumination
- 12V 0.5A power supply provided
The 2Qute offers you the ability to listen to music from your computer, coaxial or optical source and deliver it with better quality to your hifi system. The 2Qute is an amalgamation of 2 outstanding products and offers superb value for money for those wanting to enhance their music listening experience.
2Qute takes the technology from the Chord Hugo and adds it to the previous model, Chord Qute EX. The result is a new super-DAC for 2015 with class-leading specifications, outstanding technical measurements and proven sonic performance. The 2Qute advances the award-winning Qute EX DAC into 2015 with the latest Hugo specifications.
Essentially a Hugo in a Chordette chassis, it brings the latest FPGA DAC technology into an affordable home-system-orientated unit. It contains the same high-performance Spartan 6 FPGA that has enabled Hugo to redefine the DAC genre in 2014. It also boasts astonishingly low distortion levels of 0.0003% and it offers support for up to 32-bit/384kHz audio via coax and USB, and 24-bit/192kHz over optical. DSD64 is supported on all inputs and DSD128 is supported via coax or USB (all via DoP). The new DAC also gains a handy switch to easily move between coax, optical and USB digital inputs.
The device features a Class 2 USB input which, because of the 2Qute’s home-system orientation compared to Hugo’s more mobile aspirations, has been galvanically isolated for greater sonic performance. This has been achieved using a novel technique which allows for very high data rates of up to 384kHz; the input is driverless on Apple and Android devices, with (ASIO included) drivers for Windows devices.
A note on Upgrading the external Power Supply. It's really not necessary! The internal configuration of the multiple highly complex dc to dc regulators within the unit were designed with this in mind and there can be no real discernible differences heard.
We know this as Rob at Chord did some extensive testing and listening to make sure there was no difference. We know there was a difference with the Qute EX but not with the 2qute!
Audio Cable recommendations for the 2Qute DAC:
- Optical cable for the 1st input:
- Digital Coax Cable for 2nd input:
- Analog cable options to connect Headphone Amp or Integrated Amp:
- Output: 3v RMS 1kHz
- Dynamic range: -119dB A Wt
- THD: 0.0003% at 3v RMS 1kHz; 0.0002% at 2v RMS 1kHz
- Crosstalk: 126dB 1kHz
- Frequency Response: +/- 0.1dB 20-20kHz
2 Qute DAC Specifications
- Harmonic Distortion:103 dBV
- Frequency Response:118dBV
- DAC:Chord's FPGA
- SRC:Chord's FPGA
- Resolution:32 Bit
- Maximum Sampling Frequency:384kHz
- Digital Coaxial Input:1
- Digital Optical Input:1
- Digital USB Input:1
- Asynchronous USB Data:No
- Wireless Input:Yes
- RCA Output:1
- Dimensions (WxHxD mm):160x70x40
- 3 years