Bryston BP-2 Phono Preamplifier
Bryston's BP-2 MM/MC phono preamplifier applies extraordinary low-distortion, wide bandwidth amplification to your record collection. The BP-2 is a perfect match for most available cartridges today. The BP-2 includes switchable capacitive loading for use with moving magnet cartridges.
Bryston's new BP-2 phono preamplifier applies extraordinary low-distortion, wide-bandwidth amplification to your record collection. Providing both MM (moving magnet) and MC (moving coil), the BP-2 is a perfect match for most available cartridges today.
This MM/MC version adds a pair of ultra-low distortion, wide bandwidth step-up transformers (the same ones used in the TF-2) to add compatibility with low output moving coil carts. The transformers can be factory wound for an additional 20dB or 31dB of gain.
Power the BP-2 from your existing Bryston MPS-2 DC power supply or from the new PS-3 DC power supply.
Guides & Advice
by Moon Audio
by See Meng
[email protected] TED
by Adrien Rouah
by Fair Hedon
"I don’t exactly know if Bryston had finding future customers in mind or if the Canadian company wanted to please its many admirers and users first. In either case, we can safely say Mission Accomplished!" - Adrien Rouah, [email protected] TED
- MM gain is 41dB, MM/MC-20 gain is 61dB, MM/MC-30 gain is 72dB
- Switchable capacitive loading between 100µF and 400µF for MM cartridges
- Exceptionally flat frequency response +/-0.1dB 20Hz-20kHz with inverse RIAA EQs
- Powered by outboard Bryston MPS-2 or Bryston PS-3 DC power supply
- All steel chassis and top
- 2.75" H x 5.7" W x 8.25" D
- 57mm H x 145mm W x 210mm D
- Available with silver or black faceplate
- Phono Power Cable for MPS-2 Power Supply (Purchased Separately - special adapter is required)