NEW HiFi Portable Amps with DACs for Headphones
Moon Audio recently added two new high-end portable headphone amplifiers plus DACs to the best line up of audio gear on the web. Chord Electronics based the Hugo on the famous bespoke DAC technologies from Rob Watts and company. The Chord Hugo is the latest addition to Chord Electronics’ beautiful high-performance product range. Moon Audio offers FREE 2nd Day U.S. Shipping on both the AK-240 and the Chord Hugo. Both high-end amps are in VERY HIGH demand right now, so make sure you get in line and quick!
The Chord Hugo for $2395.00 introduces the latest addition to the Chord Electronics high-performance product line. Chord named this portable hifi audio device the "Hugo" (because you can take Hugo wherever ‘you-go’). The Chord Hugo is the world’s most advanced headphone amp/DAC, offering five digital inputs including A2DP aptX Bluetooth, plus advanced 384kHz PCM and DSD 128 playback for today’s high-resolution DXD (Digital eXtreme Definition) music files.
Key Features the Chord Hugo Offers Audiophiles, Music Lovers, Music Enthusiasts, Can Lovers and more:
- Decodes sample rates ranging from 44.1kHz to 384kHz (PCM), allowing audiophiles to experience music in true high definition, along with the best possible reproduction of CD-quality music.
- Processes DSD 128 data using the latest DSD-over-PCM standard (DoP). Whether using Mac OS or Windows OS, Chord Electronics’ own proprietary driver software is provided, removing the restrictions of current operating system audio playback.
- Benefits from two advanced USB inputs: one driverless input for legacy USB devices and one asynchronous high- definition USB port for operation up to 384kHz. Thanks to two additional digital inputs, coaxial and optical, any connected component with a digital output will also benefit from Hugo’s advanced technology.
The Astell & Kern AK-240 for $2499.00 US Dollars with native DSD playback via Dual DAC setup and MQS Streaming found a way to get closer to the original sound. A&K or iRiver, the parent company of Astell & Kern, decided to provide a Dual DAC setup to create better left and right channel separation with clearer sound quality. The AK-240 also offers...
- Supported Audio Formats Include: WAV, FLAC, WMA, MP3, OGG, APE(Normal, High, Fast), AAC, ALAC, AIFF, DFF, DSF, FLAC, WAV, ALAC, AIFF : 8kHz ~ 192kHz (8/16/24bits per Sample) / DSD Native : DSD64 (1bit 2.8MHz), Stereo / DSD128 (1bit 5.6MHz), Stereo.
- 256GB of Massive Storage
- MQS Streaming
- Native DSD Support
- The AK240 supports Native DSD USB DAC function. (DoP method)