Chord Mojo Toslink Connections
Chord Mojo has one Toslink optical input capable of receiving-playing 44.1KHz to 192KHz PCM format. Toslink input is truly about light transmission, therefore, using the finest plastic fibers available is what we use in our Silver Dragon Toslink Digital Cable.
Silver Dragon Toslink Digital Cable
The Silver Dragon Toslink utilizes 1300 core optical fiber. The fiber ends are highly polished via a 0.3-micron film. If these ends are scratched, it can damage the 24bit/192kHz high resolution playback.
Therefore, it is extremely important to avoid using the fiber tip to open the Toslink port door. We also recommend keeping the OPT cap attached when storing the cable to further protect it from damage.
Connection Tips for Toslink Inputs
- To disconnect the Silver Dragon Toslink Digital Cable, dislodge the connector tip from the port by holding the connector where the heat shrink tubing is and slightly pull the connector out (1mm or 2mm) out; do the same with the other end and pull the cable out. Do not pull on the cable to disconnect both connections at once. This can damage the cable.
- Toslink ports with swing doors like the Chord Mojo, can cause scratches to the Toslink fiber tip so don't use the fiber tip to open the Toslink port door as it will instantly scratch it. Scratching the Toslink fiber tip negates the point of the polished tip on 0.3-micron film.
- Open the Toslink port door by holding the Toslink connector tip at a 45-degree angle. This way, the fiber tip edge metal ferrule will be in contact with the swing door first, preventing the fiber tip from scratching to alleviate and prevent this problem.
- Properly store the cable when not in use and put on the protective tips that are included to prevent scratching the tip.
- If above connection tips are followed, you will have a Toslink cable capable of providing the best signal possible for your audio transmission.
- Happy Listening and Enjoy the Music!