Bryston adds Qobuz Streaming Support to all BDP Players
NBryston has just released a firmware update for all BDP generations that include support for the new streaming service Qobuz.
Qobuz is currently in public beta, but it's a versatile music streaming service, providing the listener options to stream audio quality music ranging from 16-bit, 320 kbps MP3 to 16-bit, 1411 kbps CD quality to uncompressed 24-bit Hi-Res Audio; all at a variety of available formats.
The new Bryston firmware adds Qobuz to the Default view of Media Player within their own Manic Moose user interface.
Upgrade is Available Now!
All Brystons's BDP players are compatible. You can follow these steps to upgrade your product today:
- First, sign up for a Qobuz account if you haven't already: https://www.qobuz.com/signup
- In your web browser, enter the IP address of your BDP or go to my.bryston.com to find it automatically
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click "Update Firmware"
- The latest firmware is S2.40 and dated 04/08/19. Click "Update." It will download, install the new firmware automatically and then reboot the BDP.
- Once rebooting completes, log in with your Qobuz account credentials by clicking "Media Player," then the gear icon for Settings. Scroll down to Qobuz and enter your login and password. Choose the sound quality that corresponds with your subscription or trial and click "Login."
- Qobuz should appear once you return to the Media Player library. Browse through the library or use the search box to find some new tunes!
All Bryston BDPs (BDP-1, BDP-2, BDP-3, BDP-π) can use Qobuz.
*BDP-1 Qobuz streaming is limited to 48 kHz / 16-bit.
Interested in learning more about Bryston's BDP lineup?
The Bryston BDP lineup are state-of-the-art digital music player that can play back most high-resolution digital music formats including AIFF, FLAC & WAV files up to 24 bits @ 192 kilo samples per second (192/24) as well as standard formats and lower resolution digital music files like MP3’s. It receives digital audio inputs via USB ports. The BDP outputs digital signals via SPDIF and AES/EBU ports for connecting to an external digital-to-analog converter like Bryston’s BDA-1, which in turn delivers analog audio signals to preamps and integrated amplifiers.
The Bryston BDP-2 is a dedicated player for high resolution digital audio files.
Employing a modified Linux OS optimized to provide the highest quality audio performance, the BDP-2 will play high resolution audio files (up to 192k/24b) from digital storage devices without compromise...[read more]
The Bryston BDP-3 is a bit-perfect dedicated player for high resolution digital audio files.
Employing a highly-customized Linux OS optimized to provide the highest quality audio performance, the BDP-3 will play high-resolution audio files (up to PCM 384kHz / 32 bit and DSD128) from digital storage devices without compromise...[read more]
The Bryston BDP-π digital music players let you hear a perfect replica of high resolution studio masters with incredible detail and breathtaking realism.
Unlike other digital music players, Bryston's music player's sole purpose is to play your music with the greatest possible fidelity without the burden of deep computer knowledge...[read more]
Please post a question on the blog if you need help with this update! Happy Listening.