Audeze EL-8 Headphones Cipher Lightning Cable (2 button)
The Audeze EL-8 CIPHER lightning cable for Audeze EL-8 Headphones is the world’s first 24-bit Lightning cable for higher-resolution sound.
Use with the Audeze iOS app for even more control over your hi-res music.
Audeze’s award-winning CIPHER lightning cable specially optimized for the EL-8 headphones, delivers 24-bit digital audio from iPhone/iPad/IPod to the headphones. Featuring a high-quality inline amplifier, digital-to-analog converter, and powerful DSP capabilities, the CIPHER cable delivers a vivid sound experience to the iSINE headphones. Customize the sound in real-time with the Audeze iOS app which features two presets and a 10-band equalizer that changes EQ in real time. The two EQ presets travel with the cable when switching devices.
How to Play Music through the CIPHER Cable
Additional apps or services are not required to play music through the CIPHER cable. Simply plug the cable into the lightning port and use your favorite app to play music on the iPhone.
The CIPHER module up-samples the data coming through the lightning port from the iPhone clock domain to the local clock domain. All Sample rate conversion is done at 24 bit resolution.
Tested for compatibility with iPhone 6s Plus, 6s, 6 Plus, 6, iPhone 5s, 5c, iPhone 5, iPhone 4s, iPad Pro (9.7-inch), iPad Pro (12.9-inch), iPad mini 4, iPad Air 2, iPad mini 3, iPad Air, iPad mini 2, iPad mini, iPad (4th generation), iPad (3rd generation), iPad 2, iPod touch (6th generation), iPod touch (5th generation).
When you use the cable the first time, you will be prompted to download the Audeze iOS app. The app allows simple EQ functionality and firmware update options.
For High Resolution Music
You can use one of the third party apps to play high resolution music, FLAC or other lossless formats. Some apps that have been tested with the CIPHER cable include: Onkyo HF Player from Onkyo, VOX Lossless player for iPhone from Coppertino, and Tidal or Deezer for streaming lossless music.
Audeze EQ AppVersion 0.0.1(0.1.5)
- The EQ app is designed to work with the Audeze Cipher cable and an iOS device via Lightning connector.
- The app layout is optimized for iPhones but will work for iPads and iPod touch as well and requires iOS 8.1 or later. It supports equalization (EQ) of digital audio playback through the CIPHER cable. The app also allows firmware updates to be applied to the cable. If the Cipher cable isn’t connected to the iOS device the app will open, but no sliders or buttons are enabled.
Equalization and presets
- Tapping the Audeze app icon takes you to the equalizer screen. It supports a 10-band EQ of -10dB to +10dB for each band.
- There are two presets and each can be changed independently.
- You can save a preset and any change you make is immediately stored in the Cipher cable. The presets are loaded from the cable even when used with a different iOS device.
- Pressing the 'Reset' button restores the CIPHER cable to its factory default values.
- Avoid boosting gain too much as this may result in amplifier clipping or distortion.
CIPHER 3-Button Remote Instructions
- Media Player Operations
- PLAY / PAUSE - Press the center button once
- SKIP TO NEXT TRACK - Press center button twice
- SKIP TO PREVIOUS TRACK - Press center button three times
- FAST FORWARD - Press center button twice and hold
- FAST REWIND - Press center button three times and hold
- Phone Operations
- ANSWER CALL / END CALL - Press center button once
- MUTE CALL - Press center button once and hold
- SWITCH CALLS - Press center button twice
- VOLUME UP - Press top button
- VOLUME DOWN - Press bottom button